1. The "oops" heard 'round the world - The top most bizarre moment in the campaign so far has to be Governor Rick Perry of Texas' memory lapse during a Republican primary debate where he was trying to remember the third government agency he would eliminate as president. After struggling to remember the name of the agency, he finally ended this excruciating moment with "oops".
2. Herman Cain. enough said - From the strange ad that ended with his campaign manager taking a drag and Cain's creepy smirk to quoting lines from a song off of the Pokeman movie soundtrack as part of his final campaign speech - Cain brought crazy back. Who could forget Cain trying to remember what his policy on Libya would be and not knowing who the "president of Ubeki-beki-beki-beki-stan-stan" is. Definitely one of the most bizarre presidential candidates we've seen in the modern era.
3. Newt Gingrinch's moon colony promise- Politicians always make unrealistic promises to the electorate, but it was definitely bizarre to hear Newt Gingrinch promise to create a permanent colony on the moon by 2020. Can we get earth right Mr.Gingrinch first before we go spending billions of dollars to live on the moon?
4. Donald Trump's birther nonsense - Since the 2008 campaign there have always been murmurings particularly in the blogosphere about President Obama not being a naturally born American citizen. So it was certainly a surprise to see this get picked up in the mainstream by Donald Trump despite the release of the President's birth certificate in 2008. As Trump noted to NBC "I have people that have been studying it and they cannot believe what they're finding". The wait to hear what was found continues...
5. Rick Santorum Obama snob moment - I fell off my chair when I heard the famous Obama snob comment from Rick Santorum. In a speech at the Americans for Prosperity forum, Santorum said “President Obama once said he wants everybody in America to go to college (dramatic pause)... What a snob". Definitely not the message we want to send to our kids.
What have been some bizarre moments you have observed? Leave your comments below.
To stay connected to all the latest celebrity happenings make sure to like us on Facebook and follow us @thedailymocha on Twitter!
Posted by: Stone Fox
Subscribe to newsletter to receive updates.
|Clooney’s Ex Finds New Love|
|Beyonce Shoots Coney Island Video For “XO” Single|
|Oprah’s TV Network Finally Turns Profit After $330M Loss!|
|Allen Iverson’s Ex Demands Immediate $1.2M Child Support|
|Guess Who Lived Here! Celebrity Mansions (Part 1)|
|Top 10 Sexiest Celebrity Cougars|
|Tyra Banks: A Collection Of Fierceosity|